Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coast Guard Homeschoolers!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tupperwaremomma
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Coast Guard Homeschoolers!! Reply with quote

Hey all! We are a coast guard family beginning homeschooling this year. I have no clue on cirriculums or any thing of that sort... but I'm trying to educate myself on all of it so I can start my 3 1/2 yr old this school year.

Any suggestions are welcome Very Happy There is so much info out there its pretty overwhelming!

How is homeschooling working out for you as a military family? Is it difficult having to go through the registration process all over again with every transfer?
Crystal ~ Proud Coast Guard Wife to Andrew (1/2/04), WAHM to Brendan (3/11/05), Rebecca (7/6/07) and Baby Rardon #3 (Due 1/25/09) ~
and momma to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Tupperware Manager
http://mytupperware.com/crystalrardon
acb_rn
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Future Homeschooler Reply with quote

Hi! I live on the Roanoke Island section of the Outer Banks and I'm beginning to homeschool my 4 year old his preschool cirriculum this year. I'm am just learning this like you and have a million questions. I have discovered one meeting group for Outer Banks Homeschoolers that meets in Kill Devil Hills.
tupperwaremomma
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Future Homeschooler Reply with quote

acb_rn wrote:
Hi! I live on the Roanoke Island section of the Outer Banks and I'm beginning to homeschool my 4 year old his preschool cirriculum this year. I'm am just learning this like you and have a million questions. I have discovered one meeting group for Outer Banks Homeschoolers that meets in Kill Devil Hills.

Thats awesome! I have joined the county homeschooling yahoo group for my area.. Kill devil hills is a bit for otherwise I would be all about it! I haven't joined my homeschool group in events yet but I'm starting my 3 1/2 year old this week with time4learning.com .
Crystal ~ Proud Coast Guard Wife to Andrew (1/2/04), WAHM to Brendan (3/11/05), Rebecca (7/6/07) and Baby Rardon #3 (Due 1/25/09) ~
and momma to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Tupperware Manager
http://mytupperware.com/crystalrardon
acb_rn
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What section of the OBX are you on? I didn't know there were more homeschooling groups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: