Does anybody know of work at home jobs?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mom2
User

Does anybody know of work at home jobs?

Postby mom2 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 am

Hello im a at home mom of two and im thinking about starting homeschool for my kids but I also need to bring money in to the home I dont know of any at home jobs that are real and not a ripe off if any one knows of ways to work from home and also home school please share your info hope to here from you soon thank you :D

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Largely depends on what you know how to do. Common at-home jobs include tutoring, typing work, daycare / babysitting (there may be legal requirements for that), etc. Think about what you know how to do or can learn within a reasonable amount of time, pick something, look for ads and/or advertise yourself.

Another option is to just spend your time looking for ways to cut costs so you don't need to bring in money. Save coupons, find better deals on food and household items, learn to sew and fix clothing, etc. You'd be surprised at how much money can be saved in a reasonable amount of time.

mom2
User

Thank you

Postby mom2 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:40 am

Thank you for the ideas I will try some of them and see what happens if you run across any online jobs that you hear about that are real and not fraud please keep me in mind. :D

narrow4life
User

work at home - real or not

Postby narrow4life » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm

A certain point of distinction is that while there are MANY legitimate income opportunities that can be considered "work at home", MANY will require a LOT of work. The few that do not require a lot of work do not pay real well, except for a few specialized exceptions.

You also need to determine if you want an exact amount of pay for an exact amount of work. Basically, are you on commission or not.

I have looked into hundreds of different opportunities, have had friends in many of them, and have done a few myself. I am no longer doing any of them or keeping up to date with the latest and greatest, but I have learned enough to know what to look for. So, if you are considering something, feel free to PM and get my feedback on it for your consideration.

If you are friends with any independent restaurant owners, I may be able to help you directly with working at home. Just PM me to let me know.

Overall, I agree that it is best to find ways to cut costs so you do not have to work from home and have that distraction and demand while raising kids and home schooling. If you feel there is nothing else you can do to cut costs out altogether or save money in areas, get some outside input. This effort could far outweigh the gains from working at home. Find a coach from Crown Financial or Dave Ramsey, or just someone you know at Church that could help.
We use My Father's World Homeschool Curriculum for our 2 kid's homeschool education.

dkocur
User

Postby dkocur » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 pm

If you are a good writer you could do some freelance work. Check out freelancer.com and other sites like it. Of course, you'll be competing with people from all over the world so you'll have to build up a reputation of providing superior work to get paid decent money. But, it's a good source for getting started and building up a client base.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:39 am

I've read that the new big thing is companies that hire people to do customer service and telemarketing from home. They don't have the overhead of office space, electricity, phone lines, etc. so it allows them to come within 30% or so of the cost of outsourcing to India, which is about the cutoff at which companies decide it's not worth the hassle to outsource (since native English speakers can handle calls quicker and more effectively). Median income is probably about $29K per year for a level 1 position.

spinky
User

Postby spinky » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 am

There are a lot of jobs on Elance.com. Very genuine, though you will need to bid with competitive rates. Jobs are for freelancers ranging from software, to translation....

All the best :)

Shalu
http://spinningmemories.blogspot.com

tlawrey
User

Postby tlawrey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:15 am

There are jobs but it takes due diligence to not be scammed. There allot of companies out there that hire Customer sales representatives, you can also try article writing. I've listed companies that that hire Work at home employees on my blog http://www.virtualwahm.blogspot.com

Good Luck
Virtual WAHM, Work at Home Opportunities and Resources

JEarnest
User

Postby JEarnest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Jene' Earnest
WAHM to AnnMaree (7) and Georgia (6)
www.mymangosteen.com/whynotnow

jackie007
User

internet jobs

Postby jackie007 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

donnabrenton
User

Postby donnabrenton » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 am

their are many jobs which you can do from home. search in Google you will find many opportunity..

sjp00036
User

a work from home possibility:)

Postby sjp00036 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm

I am a homeschooling mom and feel incredibly blessed to have found the perfect fit for me to able to gain extra income and homeschool my boys. I am an independent consultant for Thirty-one gifts. it is a direct sales company specializing in personalized totes, bags, purses, accessories, etc. I love the products because they make organizing easy, which really helps me with homeschooling. But I Love the company for their faith based promise and what they stand for. The start up is easy, inexpensive and allows for a flexible schedule. I earn about $200-500 extra a month and I love it. This could be a possibility for some of you looking for a way to earn extra cash, free products and new friendships :)
Feel free to contact me if you are interested in more info.
www.mythirtyone.com/shannonpollard

tracidb80
User

The Best Place To Find Work At Home

Postby tracidb80 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:26 pm

The best website I have seen for work at home jobs and freelance work, that is free, lists no scams, and is for both professionals and people with little experience is http://allstayathome.com. This is an excellent site.

astevn816
User

ffiver

Postby astevn816 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:13 pm

You could try blogging and earning money with ads and affiliate marketing.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”