Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snow Globes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Snow Globes Reply with quote

My son has not been well for a few months and I thought making snow globes would be a fun diversion instead of keeping company with the computer.
I looked up a few ideas of how to make them. Some instructions say to use mineral water, some Karo syrup (gross), some suggest glitter, while others use crushed egg shells. I think the egg shells will probably float to the bottom more slowly than glitter. The shells would have to be finely crushed or I don't think it will look good. We'll just have to experiment.
4given
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Please let us know what you try and how it works out.
knobren
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://misterguch.brinkster.net/snowglobelab.pdf

This website shows how you can can turn making a snow globe into a science experiment (and doesn't use glitter or egg shells).
lisaa
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: