Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New homeschool in NC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scart964
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: New homeschool in NC Reply with quote

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me!!!! Thank you in advance.

I have a 12 and 14 year old, whom both are a.d.d.
They have had many years in the public school system, with nothing but problems. This past year, I put them in a private school, which after 3 months did not work out. Last week after my youngest son didnt do his work, the headmaster decided to ask me to withdraw them, or he would expell them. My boys are not too hard to deal with. They are not disrespectful. They are a.d.d. and this man said he didnt believe in the medications. After a few years of giving them meds....I decided to try not giving it to them. My youngest son was very small and didnt eat well. However I know the meds helped....but the headmaster made his mind up as to what he wanted. Secondly my 14 year old is dealing with migraines affecting him atleast 2 times a week. It has been so hard.

So now with that little bit of history, I have decided to homeschool them. Can I start this process now or would I have to wait until next year?? I need info quickly on how to get started.....as I have just scaled my job back to do this for them

thank you
susan
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found us Susan. Smile

I personally, would start homeschooling them now.
of course, that is what we did in a similar situation.

In your case, I would also start a comprehensive food diary, especially
for your oldest to see what might correlate to his migraines.

Be aware that there can be a couple days time lag, between a food trigger
and the migraines.

mark
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link for Home School Legal Associaiton's Legal Analysis of NC Law:

www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/North_Carolina.pdf

HSLDA usually recommends taking dc out of school during a major break, such as Christmas. If you could wait that long, it would give you chance to do some research and purchase your teaching materials.

My very strong recommendation is to join HSLDA, and to have your membership in hand before removing your dc from school, and then to follow HSLDA's instructions regarding complying with NC law.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: