Homeschool In Florida Need Help

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

100%
No votes

Total votes: 2

ahalleran
User

Homeschool In Florida Need Help

Postby ahalleran » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 am

Last edited by ahalleran on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:52 pm

There was another long thread on this subject. The bottom line is that you have to be schooled, but the state can't dictate how, so you should be able to homeschool even if you've officially been declared truant. I'm hoping that isn't the case, though, it will make things much less confusing.

Practically speaking, private schools don't like to advertise that they're failing on / losing students, so they're less likely to give you trouble about leaving at this point than a public school would.

seekingmyLord
User

Postby seekingmyLord » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:17 pm

I appreciate your desire, but I am not going to vote in your poll. My reason is simple: This is not your decision to make; it's your parents' decision because your education is their responsibility. As a parent, I would rather my child talk to me about homeschooling, because creating a poll on a forum where most of the members are obviously biased towards homeschooling would not really influence my decision one way or the other.

As for your absences, did your parents know you were absent from school? Did they know where you where? That would factor in my decision as a parent about whether you would be trustworthy enough to be self-directed with your lessons. You really need to sit down and have a honest two(three)-way conversation with your parents.

Return to “Homeschool Law”