Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I got the HS bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruizsingh
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: I got the HS bug Reply with quote

Hi, I was thinking of homeschooling my 6 and 8 yo for a while now, but my wife insists on public schooling. With the help of this site I hope to convice her that it's the best thing we can do for them. We are in Phoenixville PA, just North of Valley Forge.
SophiesMom
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. My daughter would be in preschool next year, but I am homeschooling her. Whatever your reasons, homeschooling is the right choice, if it really is something you want to do and your prepared. I've been researching different curriculums and options; you would not believe how many different curriculum ideas there are!! I suggest you look up your states laws first of all. Those laws will dictate what you are required to teach your children. Anything else is completely up to you.
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 6 and 8 years old too. and They love this new experience. They were in the public school last year but their class sizes were going to double and they wanted to keep my eldest back a year, so this is our first year home. We are loving it. I really missed them when they were in school all the time. Make sure that whoever is doing the majority of the schooling gets a break though. Mommies need mommy time!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Tabz
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your wife's specific concerns about homeschooling?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: