Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compliance Kits to much-Need a cheaper way to log

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aero
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Compliance Kits to much-Need a cheaper way to log Reply with quote

I live in NW Louisiana and was looking for a cheaper way to log everything my child does and the time its done in. Also for attendence and what not. I want to follow the laws just not sure what the reviewer wants- I want to be ready when or if I get that knock on the door. This is my first year homeschooling and I'll admit very NERVOUS Smile . Also I chose the Home Study option. Thanks for any help.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone suggested, you could get a cheap digital camera, photograph everything as it happens, and store the results on a DVD. The timestamps should prove time elapsed.
Ophelia
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Compliance Kits to much-Need a cheaper way to log Reply with quote

Aero wrote:
I live in NW Louisiana and was looking for a cheaper way to log everything my child does and the time its done in. Also for attendence and what not. I want to follow the laws just not sure what the reviewer wants- I want to be ready when or if I get that knock on the door. This is my first year homeschooling and I'll admit very NERVOUS Smile . Also I chose the Home Study option. Thanks for any help.

Have you selected someone to do your review yet? If so, I would simply contact them and ask what they will want to see.

I looked over the Louisiana homeschool laws, and couldn't find any information on logging attendance. I was going to see what I could find that would help you. You may want to check out http://www.donnayoung.org/index.htm. She has a lot of various forms on her site that may assist you.

Mother of Fionn (5-7-01), Bailey (9-12-02) and Owen (8-7-07)
Roxanne2211
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Louisiana and am also new at HS . In fact , we wont start until afterthe holidays but I just got my packet from the state and spoke with the state contact person who reviews applications for the Home school option . There is no reviewer for our state . Your application to start is accepted . Then when you renew yearly all you need to send them is :

a list of your curriculum and books used
a letter from a 3rd party ( could even be your husband or a friend or relative ) that states your child is being homechooled .
1-2 pages of your childs work in the core subjects
tests scores or a report card you generate

Thats it . I verified the above TWICE with the state official over the HS program and she assured me that this was all that was needed . She also stated that if you chose to have your child tested , you could forego the above and just send the test scores .
Determined
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: New to homescholing and feel overwhelmed. Reply with quote

I want to do all nessasary requirements just dont really understand what to do, from one subject to another. Having trouble even doing the class planner. Question Feel as though I dont have all I need to make this work. Have no support other than Dr Hodges. Is this normal to feel like I dont understand any of it? How do I teach with no teaching materiels?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: