Dad Wins hands down in HS Debate!

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Dad Wins hands down in HS Debate!

Postby Jazzy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 am

Check out this video debate in which a dad and HS advocate (unschooler Pat Farenga) totally makes a fool of this psychologist who obviously knows absolutely nothing about unschooling. It's a short one - a little over 3 minutes:

Ha! I love it!

Postby Chris2267 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Wow! So I guess if I want to be an astronaut and didn't take Calculus I guess I am SOS! What a bunch of baloney, there is just no hope for

Postby Theodore » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:28 am

I think the psychologist made a fool of herself all on her own. Yes, the line about "If your children haven't been exposed to calculus, how can they become astronauts?" was especially choice. Oh, and comparing unschoolers to dropouts.

Postby Buggzz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:48 am

That is one nice thing about Fox News is that they are able to run such stories. Imagine if ABC News brought it up?

I agree, that the psy-lady was looking bad, but notice where its coming from. She truly believes, that you need to be 'structured', into the cookie cutter society, in order to fit in, and get a job.

Besides, talk about useless information, what is there about calculus that an Astronaut needs to know? I bet there isn't a single chalkboard on the shuttle.

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”