Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Schooled All My Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devven
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Home Schooled All My Life Reply with quote

I've been home schooled and my life using a curriculum. Either ACE or AOP. Now that I'm in 10th I think I should start some classes at our community college. That's not a big deal.. Take a placement test and pay them money. After I am finished with school I have wanted to go to the UofA and I was wondering if that is going to be hard for me to do? We have records of my schooling.. Like my grades and all. But I'm not sure if they will see that as enough. I know some people were saying that they may make you take an SAT or a test like that before you can get admitted. That isn't a problem. I just want to know what you all think about the situation.

Thank you much,

Deven
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

State colleges aren't very restrictive in their entrance requirements. You will probably need an SAT or ACT, and I still recommend taking as many AP / CLEP tests as you can so you have the best possible chance of getting some college credit, but they'll probably accept a short writeup of what you did for each subject as sufficient.

Of course, you should never base your future on guesswork. Call up the admissions office at U of A and ask them what their policy is on accepting homeschooled high school graduates. Have them send you that policy in writing, if possible.
Devven
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. That helps very much Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: