Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Schooling??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Styles and Philosophies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snippets
User

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Summer Schooling?? Reply with quote

Do any of you homeschool in the summer? We homeschool year round because my DD tends to forget things if we don't. It is still casual though. She does lessons with Teaching Textbooks for math and picks subjects and topics of interest within each subject on Time4Learning. Last week, I had her give me a test over a certain number of pages in a book about How To Raise and Care for Rabbits. She has a rabbit, so I thought this would be a good teaching tool. I let her make out the test and email it to me. I was stunned at how good she did. I actually missed two questions and it was an open book test! LOL She is determined to make an even harder test for me this week. YIKES!

Joyfully,
Jackie
My Attempt at Blogging
www.quaintscribbles.wordpress.com
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you homeschool during the summer, you don't have to do as many hours per day during the school year. We always studied during the summer, albeit at a somewhat reduced pace.
snippets
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about not having to do quite so much during the year when you also work during the summer.

Joyfully,
Jackie
My Attempt at Blogging www.quaintscribbles.wordpress.com
mindy8
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: year round Reply with quote

We homeschool year round also. My biggest motivation is because we live in FL and it is too hot to do things everyday. So we homeschool during the summer so we can take off beautiful days all year long to do fun activities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Styles and Philosophies All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: