Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling in Seoul
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auntcyndi
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling in Seoul Reply with quote

Greetings,

Anyone out there homeschool in Seoul, South Korea--or know someone who does whom you could put me in touch with? My husband and I are considering accepting a 3 year job assignment there. We've been homeschooling our 5 for 5 years, but are concerned about the isolation as we are presently living in an area where homeschooling is prevalent and we are well supported.

Thank you in advance,

Cyndi
DESmom
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are just south of Seoul and loving it.
There is a good size group in Seoul.
greenvolks
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling in Seoul Reply with quote

Cyndi did you have any luck finding other homeschoolers in Seoul?..i'm looking for same, for a friend living in Seoul. They are Filipino..the daughter has been to Korean public school, and now speaks K fluently..along with English of course. But she is very unhappy in K schools..kids are quite hard on her. She is 12, very bright and a good person, but needs an alternative to K schools. The private schools for foreigners are way too expensive...15 to 20 K U.S. a year..just too much for them.

Will
greenvolks
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chele, i just noticed your post. Can you put me in touch with the group? thanks.

will
DESmom
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this isn't to late to help. I will send you a invite for the yahoo group sorry. I was with out internet for a bit.
janie
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: New to homescooling in Seoul Reply with quote

We will be moving to Seoul this summer and would like to get in touch with anyone homechooling in South Korea/Seoul. What do we need to do to be held accountable to the states or Korea?
Does anyone know of any home school groups in Seoul. Thanks. Janie
velenoedera
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: just moved to Korea Reply with quote

Would you please send me a link to the group as well Smile
mom2threeinca
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Moving to Seoul next month... Reply with quote

Can you send me a link to the homeschool group as well?

Thank you.
Rhonda
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Moving to Seoul next month... Reply with quote

Are there any home school families now living in Seoul with kids around 12 years old? We live in Hannam-dong and would like to meet some other home school families.....
mom2threeinca
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: We just moved to Seoul Reply with quote

Hi Rhonda,

We just moved to Seoul last week. I have a daughter 11 (6th grade) and a son 14 (9th) grade. We are near the Olympic Park. Maybe we can connect once we get settled in.

My email is yimail07 at gmail.com. I would love to connect with you.
Rhonda
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: We just moved to Seoul Reply with quote

I sent you an email, but in case you did not receive it. My son is 12 years old, 5'7", plays tennis, badminton, board games, legoes, loves cars, going to museums, movies. So, I think he could be friends with either of your children, or both Smile Looking forward to meeting you after you move in! Can you please tell me your name? Thanks! Rhonda
mom2threeinca
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: We just moved to Seoul Reply with quote

Hi Rhonda,

We just moved to Seoul last week. I have a daughter 11 (6th grade) and a son 14 (9th) grade. We are near the Olympic Park. Maybe we can connect once we get settled in.

My email is yimail07 at gmail.com. I would love to connect with you.
shazi95
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi I'm Shannon and I'm 16. I'm Korean, and currently homeschooling.
I'd love to be in touch with other homeschoolers. I live in Jamsil (near Lotte World and Olympic Park). Please email me @ ms.anarchy@gmail.com! Thanks Laughing
shazi95
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Hey Rhonda Reply with quote

Can you send me a link to the homeschool group?

Thank you! Laughing

ms.anarchy@gmail.com
GJoeM
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get on desmom, Rhonda et al ? I am homeschooling my young dual nationality daughter and I am interested in linking up with others doing the same in Korea ( Seoul and surrounding cities) I live in a smallish city about two hours from Seoul.

DESmom and Rhonda, can you send me links to the homeschool meeting group please? Thanks. My wife, daughter and I are looking to link up with homeschoolers in Seoul and surrounding areas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: