Mom looking for Epal mom

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Mom looking for Epal mom

Postby bella214 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:11 am

Hi I am 28 yr old mom to a 5 yr old boy and I am starting my first adventure in home schooling in September. I am very nervous and would love an email mom to chat with :0)

Postby hmschooling » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi! I am a 26 yr old mom of 3. A 6yo girl and two boys that are 3.5 and almost 10 months. I homeschooled part of K and 1st, but am still very new since we've not yet done a full years worth (plus she started early, so it didn't seem real til now!). I will start in aug/sept. with both of my oldest, mostly making plans all myself with a whole new curriculum-- so I'm pretty nervous too. I'd love to have an adult --another homeshooling mom!!-- to chat with.
I'll be out til this Tuesday...but I will check for messages when I get back.
You can reach me at or reply here. :lol:

home school mom

Postby katiem » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:53 am

I too am starting new this year with home schooling. It is a new beginning for us. I look forward to jumping into it.

pen pal

Postby dacouchman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:35 am

Hi, my name is Darlene. I just moved 2 weeks ago so I am in a new area where I don't know anyone yet.
This is my 3rd year homeschooling. I have two boys, ages 14 and 9. One has ADD and the other has ADHD and dyslexia. My days are very interesting!

Postby kerry1968 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:53 am

Hi Darlene, We have alot in common. I have a 14 year old son with ADHD. I could use a pen pal since this is my 1st year homeschooling. My name is Kerry...

New Adventures

Postby sevens7heaven » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi, I have been homeschool my seven kids from the very beginning. My oldest is 14. I definitely do not have all the answers and have had many years of trials and errors. If you ever need an encouraging word, a shoulder to cry on, or a Glory Hallelujah shouted from the rooftops please feel free to contact me any time. The email that is use the most is I use Yahoo Messenger all the time. Either way just let me know. :D

Scared and excited all at the same time

Postby mrwill73 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 am

Hi and I too will be starting off this year with my 5yr old. I have been doing little things with her that I had from the internet that was free to copy and use. I also would like to have some feedback on what other moms do to get ready for the big day. My email is but in the subject box, make sure you say homeschool or something to that nature so it does not go to junk mail. I live in Michigan and I think it would be nice to meet face to face with some local moms too. Anyway, thanks for reading this and hope that I get some pen pals out of this.

penpals for moms

Postby oneofthegirls » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:46 am

hello, there are so many great people to connect with on this site, and to get lots of advice and encouragment. I see we have penpals for kids - it would be nice to have penpals for moms as well. :D
“When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.â€

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”