Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Art curriculum for 7th grade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
betterley
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Art curriculum for 7th grade? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good Art curriculum for 7th grade? I'm looking for both the how to's and the history. I would like to stay away from Biblical curriculum if there is such a thing. Thanks
Carol
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean art as in how to make art, or art as in art history? The latter is rather hard to do without getting into Medieval art, which is largely religious in nature.
betterley
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm looking for both. The how to draw, paint, ect. and history like the artists and so fourth.
Jazzy
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard great things about Artistic Pursuits.

I can't wait to try it when my children are a bit older.
Teatime
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Art books for kids Reply with quote

Two of our favorite books lately:

Discovering Great Artists - Hands-On Art for Children in the Styles of the Great Masters, by MaryAnn F. Kohl and Kim Solga

The Usborne Complete Book of Art Ideas

Author/artist Kohl has other art books out. I have checked these books out of the library so often, that I need to buy them myself. They are on my "gotta have" list!
nommaj
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: A thought... Reply with quote

Have you checked out any online or software programs? We use Creativity Express; it is high-level and pretty engaging material. You should check out their website. They cover the basics as well as art history.
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For how to draw/paint, I highly recommend a curriculum called Atelier. The address is --
http://www.homeschoolart.com
lisakinter
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Time 4 Art?

LOL!

The Time 4 Art program is actually Creativity Express.
Time4Learning is providing Creativity Express' online art program free to all the Time4Learning students fourth grade and up.

Time 4 Art is an animated art program that teaches the principles and history of art. Animated characters lead students through interactive lessons on topics such as line, form, and color, using real examples from art history to illustrate each concept.

Sixteen lessons teach art theory, art history, and art techniques. Each lesson is comprised of three main parts: SAY art, SEE art, and DO art. During SAY art, students view an animated video that presents the lesson concept and then practice what they have learned in an open-ended online activity. SEE art introduces various artists and their work as examples of the concept being studied. DO art offers students an opportunity to create their own art, using offline media or a digital paint program.
Marv
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Good resource for Art History Reply with quote

I use the Artsology site a lot for art history - their "investigations" section has a lot of good stuff.

www.artsology.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: