Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Online Homeschool Store?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam2003w
User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Best Online Homeschool Store? Reply with quote

Best Online Homeschool Store?

What do you think is the best online homeschooling supply store? Why do you prefer it over others?
MNKristy
User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Christian Books Distributors (Christianbooks.com). I like them because they have a great selection (I can usually find whatever I am looking for), their prices are among the lowest, and I really like that you can see sample pages from most books. That is very helpful when selecting curriculum. You can't do that at other sites.

Retired homeschooling mom/teacher to three wonderful kids
Calla_Dragon
User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like them too although all the curriculum I use is secular. I buy most of my stuff from them and singaporemath.com.
momofone
User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calla_Dragon wrote:
I actually like them too although all the curriculum I use is secular. I buy most of my stuff from them and singaporemath.com.

I would be interested in the secular as well. Any specific books you can recommend? Thanks.
Kimberly
User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites is Rainbow Resource Center. I love their catalog (which you can order free from the website at http://www.rainbowresource.com/index.php). The catalog is over 1000 pages. The products are reasonably priced and most of them have a detailed explanation. I order 90% of our school books from them.
Calla_Dragon
User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

momofone wrote:
Calla_Dragon wrote:

I would be interested in the secular as well. Any specific books you can recommend? Thanks.

I use Explode the Code for grammar/language arts, Wordly Wise for vocabulary, Map Skills, Grade 1 for map skills, Miquon Math (combined with Singapore Math) for math, and Story of the World for history. The rest I get from Singaporemath.com and a few odds and ends I find that I think would be useful.
momofone
User

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great, thanks!
phiferan
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered many curriculum items on line from learningthings.com and rainbow resource.com, and science and math manipulatives from Delta-education.com. Sciencekit.com (Boreal Laboratories) is a great place for pre-packaged science lab kits, with supplies, instructions and answer keys. You do have to supply the more pricy lab items such as microscopes and graduated cylinders (but you can buy those from this site as well), and you have to buy a few easy to purchase perishable items for experiments, such as grape juice, cabbage, etc. I loved the quality of the items and speed in which orders were delivered from all of these suppliers. Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: