just completed 11th..now ?

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

amanda
User

just completed 11th..now ?

Postby amanda » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:40 am

Hello everyone!
I just finished my 11th grade with CLASS Homeschools.org & now I really want to just do 12th grade and get it done, preferably with an accredited/diploma program. CLASS did my transcripts & will give me a diploma if I finish, but it's not accredited..but the thing is I don't know what to do with my life, so I dont know if I need it accredited or not. Anyways, I just really want to finish highschool. Can anyone suggest a method/or program? or is taking the GED the best?

Thanks in advance!
Amanda

Theodore

Re: just completed 11th..now ?

Postby Theodore » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:02 pm

Colleges aren't too particular about whether your high school diploma is accredited or not. You can just complete the high school requirements for your state to your own satisfaction and "award" yourself a high school diploma. However, given that your diploma is not accredited, you will need to prove competency in the individual core subjects through some other method, which means either a reasonably detailed record of what you did and how well (CLASS probably supplies sufficient transcript for this) and/or nationally standardized tests (AP, CLEP, or DANTES).

Basically, rather than having a single accredited diploma, you'll need to provide portfolio / transcript OR standardized test scores for each individual subject, preferably the latter. You may also be able to make things simpler by taking the CLEP General Exams, which cover all the core material in only 5 exams, meaning you'll only have to take a few exams for more advanced courses. Check with your college and see if it accepts these.

amanda
User

Postby amanda » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:19 pm

Thanks Theodore! I can't say I'm familiar with CLEP, AP, DANTES tests.. I'll have to look into them.

Return to “High School / College Prep”