Prairie Primer Series

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

beckyboyer
User

Prairie Primer Series

Postby beckyboyer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 pm

I haven't started homeschooling yet. Still in the research phase. I just stumbled upon the Little House Prairie Primer Series yesterday. This looks incredible!!! I was a HUGE Little House fan when I was a little girl. Still am, as a matter of fact. I still have my original series of books and my 9 yo son wants to start reading them.
My question is, has anyone used this series before? If so, can you share your experiences with it for a newbie?

Thanks so much!!! :)
becky

Aurie
User

Postby Aurie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:16 pm

Definately something I am interested in as well. Plus the American Girl curriculum I found some place else. I have a very strong willed little girl. I know she would love either of them. But I would like the reviews too. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully, someone will come along and answer :)

beckyboyer
User

Postby beckyboyer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:54 pm

Aurie -

I have a daughter as well and will have to look into the American Girl curriculum. I love that whole "package" with the dolls, books and all. I wish we'd had something like that when I was little. :)
becky

elliemaejune
User

Re: Prairie Primer Series

Postby elliemaejune » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:39 pm

beckyboyer wrote:I haven't started homeschooling yet. Still in the research phase. I just stumbled upon the Little House Prairie Primer Series yesterday. This looks incredible!!! I was a HUGE Little House fan when I was a little girl. Still am, as a matter of fact. I still have my original series of books and my 9 yo son wants to start reading them.
My question is, has anyone used this series before? If so, can you share your experiences with it for a newbie?

Thanks so much!!! :)

Did you mean The Prairie Primer? The one published by Cadron Creek?

I know quite a few people who have used it and liked it for both their sons and their daughters. I don't think I've read a negative review on it.

You'll need to add something for math, and something for English (grammar and composition). Otherwise, it's complete.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”