Advice on what to add to this?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

The_Code
User

Advice on what to add to this?

Postby The_Code » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:31 pm

Hello i'm a former home school student. In the time I was home schooled I made a few computer programs that helped me study. The best one I made was a quiz game about US presidents. A few weeks ago I decided to release it as open source software and started to add to it. Now i've decided to try to sell copies of it as a home schooling program but i'm not sure if it will sell as is.
So what i'm asking is could you guys download it from Here and tell me what I would have to add to it before you would be willing to buy a copy for $5

The_Code
User

You guys arent much help

Postby The_Code » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:42 pm

You guys arent much help. All I want to know is what questions I need to add to my program and no one will even give me an answer. I'm being nice and trying to help people by making this program and only charging $5 for it(it will also be free to download forever). I would just have it free online and not try to sell copys on floppy disks/CD-ROMs if I didn't need some extra money but I do.

I'm not even trying to sell you something. All i'm trying to do is see if its good and what I need to add to make it worth $5.

So could someone please help out and give me a suggestion?

Theodore

Well, it IS a strange .exe...

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Well, you ask people to download a strange .exe, install it, then comment on the results so you can create a commercial product. Some people might be nice enough to go ahead and do that, but you can't expect massive amounts of immediate feedback :P Maybe I'll do it on the weekend.

My guess is that to make this into a commercial product, you'd need to include at least several other quizzes besides US President. Your software is rather narrowly focused at the moment.

Return to “Getting Started”