Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prairie Primer Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beckyboyer
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Prairie Primer Series Reply with quote

I haven't started homeschooling yet. Still in the research phase. I just stumbled upon the Little House Prairie Primer Series yesterday. This looks incredible!!! I was a HUGE Little House fan when I was a little girl. Still am, as a matter of fact. I still have my original series of books and my 9 yo son wants to start reading them.
My question is, has anyone used this series before? If so, can you share your experiences with it for a newbie?

Thanks so much!!! Smile
Aurie
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately something I am interested in as well. Plus the American Girl curriculum I found some place else. I have a very strong willed little girl. I know she would love either of them. But I would like the reviews too. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully, someone will come along and answer Smile
beckyboyer
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurie -

I have a daughter as well and will have to look into the American Girl curriculum. I love that whole "package" with the dolls, books and all. I wish we'd had something like that when I was little. Smile
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Prairie Primer Series Reply with quote

beckyboyer wrote:
I haven't started homeschooling yet. Still in the research phase. I just stumbled upon the Little House Prairie Primer Series yesterday. This looks incredible!!! I was a HUGE Little House fan when I was a little girl. Still am, as a matter of fact. I still have my original series of books and my 9 yo son wants to start reading them.
My question is, has anyone used this series before? If so, can you share your experiences with it for a newbie?

Thanks so much!!! Smile

Did you mean The Prairie Primer? The one published by Cadron Creek?

I know quite a few people who have used it and liked it for both their sons and their daughters. I don't think I've read a negative review on it.

You'll need to add something for math, and something for English (grammar and composition). Otherwise, it's complete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: