Pulling kids from PS...need encouragement

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

boysnberry
User

Pulling kids from PS...need encouragement

Postby boysnberry » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:40 pm

We made the decision to pull our three from public school a the end of next week and I could use some encouraging words from anyone who has a minute. I am very happy and excited to do this but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any nervous moments or wonder if this is going to work. It has to and we will make it work but for anyone who has pulled kids out...it's kind of nerve wracking. Moments of doubt abound. :? It's definately the right thing to do so...here goes!!! God bless!
Esther
...And she shall be a joyful mother of children...Ps. 113:9
Mom of six boys and one berry!

micheller79
User

encouragement

Postby micheller79 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Alot of prayer was my salvation. I just felt so peaceful about the decision to homeschool that I knew it was the right choice. The principal actually said in front of my daughter "you are making a big mistake". I wasn't really prepared to argue with her, so i was kind of dumbfounded. Later, I thought of a million things I could say. Now, when I see her, it is like I am invisible.
Without a doubt, you have your childs best in mind. No one is going to care the way you do.. I still have days where I wonder if I am doing it the right way, but I still know it is the best choice for the child.. We will never have these years to do over, I will never regret spending so much time with my dear girl... :D Blessings to you. Let God go before you. Peace. Let us know how things turn out.

Lenethren
User

Postby Lenethren » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:54 pm

Nervous moments are normal, you'll love homeschooling. It's a wonderful experience. :D
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.-Goethe

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:02 pm

hang in there.. even when it gets rough around the edges.. :)

mark

robinsegg
User

Postby robinsegg » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:24 am

A friend of mine just started hsing this year (her daughter's in K, but her son is in 2nd). She says it's the best choice they ever made, they have new priorities, and that their family has never been so close!

Read So, You're Thinking About Homeschooling? by Lisa Whelchel for an overview of styles and curricula.

Rachel
Rachel
teacher at home
The Cleft in the Rock Academy

Return to “Getting Started”