Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VERY different situation......I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eclaire35
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: VERY different situation......I think. Reply with quote

I am a divorced mother of two daughters ages 8 and 11. Three years ago I tried homeschooling and failed. As the years have passed I continually feel God pull on my heart to homeschool my children. My question to the greatly experienced ones out there: How well can I do this being a divorced mom who works nights and is currently in school herself?
Help
robinsegg
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something that can be done . . . or you could try "afterschooling" for a while. Take a look at Lisa Whelchel's So, You're Thinking About Homeschooling?. She has a family in there with a working single mom. She gives a great overview of the different curricula available, as well as different styles of homeschooling.

How old are your children?

I wish you well!
Janet Tatman
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclaire35,

I've been checking sources on this topic because it seems there are alot of women in your situation. I am attaching some web sites that had helpful information for the single homeschooling parent. Hopefully, this will get your creative juices going and God will show you the way through your "Red Sea".

God bless, my heart goes out to you.

http://www.homeeducator.com/FamilyTimes/articles/9-2article15.htm

http://www.homeschooloasis.com/art_single_mom_hs.htm

http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/articles/112101.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: