Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Michigan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annette
User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Hello from Michigan! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am not currently HSing. I am very interested though. My son, who is in 1st grade, cries every morning that he does not want to go to school. The school say's it is just seperation anxiaty and he will get over it. Their answer is for me to stay away from the school during school hours and not volunteer any. I also know from the one time I did stay in the class room that they are teaching the phonetic writing. You know "it is okay to spell dinner, dinr, because that is how it sounds." Then on other papers they mark the kids wrong for putting the wrong letter in the word. I would think this is confusing for kids. My son also claims that he gets bored. My son did not have any problems with pre-k or kindergarden, and he has never had a problem with being away from me. All I hear is how different 1st grade is and he will adjust. Well, it has been almost a month and he still cries every morning and sometimes at night thinking about the next morning. I feel like no one hears me when I say this is not normal for my son to act like this. He has also started freaking out about making choices. He freezes up and gets upset about the smallest little choices.

My husband is not in favor of HS. I have checked a few books out of the library and I am researching online about HS. I want to put together some information to present to him. If the situation with my son does not improve I am going to have to do something.

Annette
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you really want what is best for your son and your husband will know that. Ask him for a trial run. See how it changes your son for the better, and he will think it is a great idea.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Lenethren
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll find all the info you need here. I hope you let us know how it goes.
Linda
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Annette,

I can certainly empathise with you. My DD acted the same way in first grade. She finally came to terms with the whole thing, but she was not too happy about it. I decided to home school her for 2nd grade and we both loved it. She is now an 8th grader and we are still home schooling! My only regret is that I did not home school her from the beginning.

I agree with the former post. You should ask your husband for a trial run. Arm yourself with information and try to convince him.

Good luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: