Help!

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Jbolstad
User

Help!

Postby Jbolstad » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:47 am

I want to start homeschooling and have no idea where to start. Can I just not send my son back to school, what do I do?
Janell

NewWaveMom
User

Help!

Postby NewWaveMom » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:09 pm

I have the same question, my child is well ahead of her class (K) and she told me she was board and she already knows what they are teaching her. Her behavior is changing and Im getting notes from the teacher saying she disrupting by getting water, and bathroom breaks. I filled out the DOI for GA already and now I am not sure what to do! Do I remove/withdrawal her from school now?
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure"

Thank you!

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 am

The DOI (Declaration of Intent, for anyone else reading this) only has to be filed within 30 days after starting homeschooling, not before. So you're good to go. You may still want to notify the school you're pulling your child, though, so they don't sic the truancy officers on you.

You still have to put together an annual progress report (retained for three years, but not filed). And a nationally standardized achievement test is required every three years, starting at the end of the third grade. Minimum schooling is 4 1/2 hours per day for 180 days, though you can be quite creative regarding what counts as schooling.

AngelaBreckenridge
User

Postby AngelaBreckenridge » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Actually, home schooling is almost the same process with regular schools. The difference is your kid is not inside the school. But the long process is there. The text book, try to find it at Homework-desk.com

Return to “Suggest a Topic”