Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help to get started HS my two girls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chefmunn
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: need help to get started HS my two girls Reply with quote

I am canadian living overseas in St. Lucia. W.I ( caribbean) and want to start HS my daughters. I am trying to get a program out of canada but so far , no go. Can anyone help put me in touch with a HS program out of Canada, Vancouver prefferably? Are there any HS's out there in SLU? Thanks Pls. reply to chefmunn@candw.lc.
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: What do you mean by program, exactly? Reply with quote

What do you mean by program, exactly? A curriculum? A homeschool group? Some sort of state-approved school?
chefmunn
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for responding, I think I need a whole program with the curriculum and books etc. all combined so i can teach my daughter at home, send work in etc. If there is a web site that offers this great or an actual school that has programs ofr overseas students so much the better. I am all new to this so am really unsure of what I need to be searchign for. It just seems very difficult out of Canada and there seems ot be so much in the way of this and sites for text books out of the US. I just know from a few friends one Australian an done American that they have a package of their specific grade level sent to them and they do the work, have the books and other materials required, send in the work and tests back and get graded and one had an actual school it was based out of and could get on line help and e-mail a teacher. When they were back in Australia they could go to the school and catch up and get help. Hope this clarifies my dilemma a bit Neutral Caroline
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: need help to get started HS my two girls Reply with quote

I'm not sure what school that would be, but Christian Liberty Academy and Calvert School both offer distance learning programs along with their curriculum. You could also check and see if there are homeschool groups in your area that offer co-op classes, and there are a number of online schools you could look into for supplementary courses, such as Apex Learning.
easyhomeschooling
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Idea: Do it yourself? Reply with quote

Idea Unless your laws are against it, you might wish to plan your own style of homeschooling. In a few words, you decide what you want your children to learn and then gather materials from various sources. Many of us do this and it is not as difficult as it might seem.
chefmunn
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for that I'll check it out much appreciated. C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: