Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about your portfolio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jan
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: What about your portfolio? Reply with quote

What about your portfolios? How do you all set them up? when do you all have to send them in? ect...ect...???
janzeiger
User

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Florida Reply with quote

Here in FL you need work samples, a log of educational activities, and a list of reading materials used.
micheller79
User

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: portfolio Reply with quote

A teacher in our school district told me to give as little as possible and add a note that said more available upon request. He feels the district doesn't even look at the portfolio. He homeschooled his two children and they included just samples of each subject. They want to see progress. I was so nervous the first year, but not so much now. I guess i finally realize the law is on my side. Some people do scrapbooking. I would like to research more about that.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use a portfolio per se. I do keep samples of their work each year because I want to look back with them some day.
frogguruami
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in FL and use an umbrella school so I am not required to keep anything but we do lapbook for science and history, keep a book of centuries (CM timeline) and an art scrapbook. We also are beginning to do literature journal books. Spelling, math, etc. just get tossed IF we even bother doing it on paper.

If I had to do a portfolio today, I would include:

chapter review or test page for math

review pretest for spelling each week

pictures of each lapbook for the actual portfolio and bring a few examples to the evaluation. However it would be impractical to bring everything to an eval since we do more than 20 lapbooks a year (this year it will be more like 30). I keep each and every lapbook and we revisit them and expand on them often but I don't include them in the actual portfolio.

photo essays from fieldtrips separated into subject topics, social studies, science, art, pure social, physical ed, etc.

lists of topics covered in each subject, I have a scope and sequence in my computer and I would probably include that with the appropriate year highlighted

literature list, included on the scope and sequence

Free reading book list

photos of any extracurricular activities we do, archery, 4-H, violin

photos of a few of my favorite pieces of art

Keep in mind I would include far more than what is required because I am a bit obsessive. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: