Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me with my start date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckent9511
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Please help me with my start date Reply with quote

I am lost. My son turns 6 on January 2, 2008. I wanted to start homeschool on that date and do school year round (not August through May). Our plans were to start school in January and do the eval in December. Can I do this? Or does his start date have to be August since he turns 6 beofore Feb. 1? We were going to do 1st grade since K is not required. Now I am all messed up. Can someone please help me?????
Thanks!
Melissa
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start homeschooling right now, that isn't a problem. As for when to send in the notification, I'll need to see what the wording on the law is, which means I'll need your state so I can look up the law.
ckent9511
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: start date Reply with quote

OOPS, see, I am so lost that I forgot to include the state. LOL. We are in Florida. I was hoping to delay the letter of intent until January and do my eval 1 year later. I appreciate your help!!!!
Melissa
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the basic home education law, you need to send the Letter of Intent within 30 days of starting to homeschool, or, I assume, within 30 days of your child turning 6, whichever is later. Send your notice return-receipt requested to prove it reached its destination. You can start to homeschool whenever you want.

See the FPEA guide:
http://www.fpea.com/starting/index/css/starting_point_3.html
ckent9511
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: