Ace Math

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kkapfe
User

Ace Math

Postby kkapfe » Sun May 06, 2007 7:06 pm

I had heard that Ace math paces were behind grade level. I tested my daughter using their online diagnostic tests. My daughter just finished first grade using a variety of math curriculums and tested into the third grade Ace curriculum. This would make sense if they are a year behind, I would think that she is right on track.

However, my nephew, whom I will be homeschooling next fall, took the test also. He is in fourth grade in public school. When he took the test, it showed that he had to repeat almost half of their fourth grade math. Does that mean that his public school is behind? I just don't see how my 7 year old daughter and my 10 year old nephew will be working on math one grade level apart.

Any thoughts?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon May 07, 2007 4:08 am

The school is probably behind. It won't hurt anything to have your daughter and nephew working one grade apart, however, so long as they both make it to Alg II and Precalc before college. You can't expect every kid to be spaced perfectly one grade apart per year in every subject :)

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”