Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking about starting a co-op

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nichole13
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Thinking about starting a co-op Reply with quote

I have a great group of friends at church who are indecisive about where they will be sending their children to school, although all of them have said, "anywhere but public school". They all have children under the age of 3. My daughter is only 8 months old, but I feel led to start a co-op with my friends and some other children in my community.

I know I have a while before I truly have to consider this, but I wonder if it's best to start organizing things now? Do people co-op preschoolers? If I should be starting this process now, what should I be doing first? I am so overwhelmed with the idea, but I know it's the Lord's leading, so He will see me through all this:)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Nichole
angw8
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nicole !
You haven't actually stated what your goals with the co-op are .
Do mean a kind of support group or are you thinking of a plan where the mothers do education activities together ?
Or ,because of the age ,are you thinking play group?

Maybe a support network where you pool homeschooling resources for each other's benefit would work.I am think of books on homeschooling rather than curriculum. You could even consider sharing educational toys ,if they are strong and unbreakable.Buy them together and rotate them?

Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God's ideal for His children. ...
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who started up a pre-school co-op. They met at least once a week and mostly the kids played while the mom's visited.

When they were older they did units that included gardening and geography.

I don't know if she is still doing it but what she did impressed me.

She started with a yahoo group and through her church, I think.

Stellar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: