llinois Law: Let me make sure I understand this correctly

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kkapfe
User

llinois Law: Let me make sure I understand this correctly

Postby kkapfe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:38 pm

elliemaejune
User

Re: llinois Law: Let me make sure I understand this correctl

Postby elliemaejune » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm

tair
User

Postby tair » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:47 pm

In illinois you send a transfer notice. The notice simply states that effective on such date and time as you state the child will be withdrawing from public school and be enrolled in private school at (and this is where you put your home schools name such as **** academy. You then have only so long to request a full and complete copy of student records and transcripts to be sent to your school and they MUST comply. The only law you have to comply with is the compulsory attendance law. Which states that a child must attend school and must be instructed in basic core subjects. These are listed in the statute.
Tair

tair
User

Postby tair » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:50 pm

OH BTW for kids k-8th grade... I use time4learning service. It is 20 bucks a month and has math, language arts, science and social studies. It allows you to track progress and grades and you can print the reports right from their site. It even runs on dial up.

Plus you get a discount on multiple students. If you sign up tell them parent user name tai_renee referred you too. they offer a two week risk free trial with a money back guarentee if you are not happy in the first 2 weeks.

time4learning.com
Tair

Return to “Homeschool Law”