free online co-op and teacher needed (ASL)

Phonics, reading, writing, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

ncmom
User

free online co-op and teacher needed (ASL)

Postby ncmom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 pm

The research I did said that in most states ASL fulfills the Foreign Language requirement!

Hey everyone...I am looking for two things:
First I need to find someone who knows ASL and is willing to DONATE time to instruct a free ASL co-op that will be online. We are going to use materials that are online and an online meeting place that is free so you won't need to purchase anything to lead this class. The class is free to anyone who wants to participate. You will NOT be responsible for any record keeping with the exception of emailing me a list of final grades and attendance. I will send out the grades to the parents of the students and their certificate of completion. The person who volunteers will be in contact with me personally before the class starts to coordinate our communication of the grades/attendance.

Second thing I need to know is, assuming I can find a teacher, how many people would be interested in taking an online American Sign Language Co-Op. Since this is online you can take this course from any state/country as long as you can be on your computer at the designated course time. We will be using CST. And any age is welcome, just keep in mind that the younger the child the more parental involvement is going to be needed. IF there is enough interest, and we can find a teacher, I will give everyone a full set of guidelines for the course and grading/testing procedures. All students who complete the course will be emailed a certificate of completion w/their course grade to print.

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

One other thing...The person who teaches the class will NOT have to leave their home; however, you will need a webcam and microphone. All students will also need a webcam and microphone. The entire class will be conducted online.

Return to “Reading, Writing, Language Arts”