Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

free online curriculum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vrindavan
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: free online curriculum Reply with quote

i check the information on this page,
it seems to be only available for US students.
http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-public-schools

Are there similar programs that are open to students from other countries ?

Thanks
Lanny
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Yes, but not free unless you are a Resident of a state Reply with quote

Yes, there are other programs, for Home Schooling or Distance Learning, available to your family and to my family (We do not live in the USA), but I am not aware of any that are free to us.

I believe that one must be a Resident of a state that offers a program like that, to apply for the free programs. In my case, I am a former resident of a state that offers those programs, but we are not eligible, because we do not live in that state now.

GL
coronahs
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen totally free full programs however I do see a lot of good homeschool math videos on youtube that could provide a lot of free value. Good luck!
lisayvonne
User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it seems the materials on the site is rich!
My daughter has been using the free online math on beestar (for primary kids), cute and challenging. It is definitely available for US kids. As for other countries, I'm not sure...
Lisa
snippets
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: K12 Reply with quote

K12 is free if your child is enrolled in the public school's virtual school. My daughter did K12 in Georgia for half a year. We didn't like it because unlike homeschooling, you have no control of what your child learns, what your child has to do... It might feel like homeschool because you work on the computer from home, but it is NOT homeschool.

We went back to using Time4Learning, Teaching Textbooks, and Drive Thru History. We supplement with whatever she is interested in learning. It is MUCH better.

Joyfully,
Jackie
www.quaintscribbles.wordpress.com
www.3dlearners.blogspot.com

My fave homeschool high school site:
www.letshomeschoolhighschool.com
CharlenaLock
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy peasy is a completely free online curriculum.
HomesteadHomeschooler
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: K12 is MOSTLY Free Reply with quote

Thank you for the link to easy peasy! I don't know if we'll use it 100%, but it definitely helps with some direction.

K12 is only Free if your state/school district allows that. Here in Missouri you can access it through the MOVIP program ONLY if the local school district gives permission. We had taken advantage of it until the principal decided she wanted all our children in her school since she would get more funding.

If you use MOVIP, I'd recommend Connections Learning and Florida Virtual School before K12/Aventa. They just didn't seem as organized and Connections will actually send all materials needed for the course.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: K12 is MOSTLY Free Reply with quote

HomesteadHomeschooler wrote:
Thank you for the link to easy peasy! I don't know if we'll use it 100%, but it definitely helps with some direction.

K12 is only Free if your state/school district allows that. Here in Missouri you can access it through the MOVIP program ONLY if the local school district gives permission. We had taken advantage of it until the principal decided she wanted all our children in her school since she would get more funding.

If you use MOVIP, I'd recommend Connections Learning and Florida Virtual School before K12/Aventa. They just didn't seem as organized and Connections will actually send all materials needed for the course.

More specifically, many states now have charter schools which are Internet based, and some of those provide/required K12. So actually, K12 isn't free if your state/school district allows it; it's only free if your state has allowed Internet-based charter schools (also known as virtual academies; they might not be "charter schools" in all states, but they are still public school programs).
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: