Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll: how do you choose your K-8th grade curriculum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaddingtonBear
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Poll: how do you choose your K-8th grade curriculum? Reply with quote

Curriculum choices are largely based upon teaching/learning styles and preferences. I'm curious about how this looks across a wide spectrum. Do most parents mix and match curriculum to cover all subjects or do most use a pre-packaged curriculum set from a major publisher like Alpha Omega or Sonlight? What do you do? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
mommyto3
User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are using ABEKA curriculum and it has everything they need for the year.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how much time and money you have. A packaged curriculum costs more and is perhaps a bit less flexible, but if you don't have a lot of spare time and are just starting out, then it might be a good choice. A mix-and-match curriculum takes more time to organize, but has more flexibility and will probably cost loss. I personally like Calvert's packaged kindergarten, and I like Saxon for math up through Algebra II or so, so there's room for both strategies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: