Appreciating Music, Bob Jones = one credit??

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

JudyH4
User

Appreciating Music, Bob Jones = one credit??

Postby JudyH4 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 pm

I am interested in using the Music Appreciation course by Bob Jones (Appreciating Music, ISBN # 1-59166-233-8) but I am new to homeschooling, and I can't figure out if it will count as one high school credit, or half a credit. It looks like a year's worth of curriculum, but I can't seem to find documentation to that effect.

I'm trying to document everything clearly, because we are only homeschooling temporarily for medical reasons.

Can anybody help me document the credits for this course?

Thank you!
Judy :)

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm

You can give it whatever credit you want.

Have you called BJUP and asked? They are very good at discussing and explaining things like this.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

JudyH4
User

Thank you!

Postby JudyH4 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Thank you very much for your reply!
No, I haven't called them - I posted my question after closing time yesterday, and I haven't really had time to look into it today. I should have an easier schedule tomorrow, though. Thank you very much for your response! I didn't realize it was so arbitrary because some Lifepac electives I browsed through at a store were specifically half a credit - so I expected everything to have an assigned credit value.

Judy
:D

elliemaejune
User

Re: Thank you!

Postby elliemaejune » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:01 am

JudyH4 wrote:Thank you very much for your reply!
No, I haven't called them - I posted my question after closing time yesterday, and I haven't really had time to look into it today. I should have an easier schedule tomorrow, though. Thank you very much for your response! I didn't realize it was so arbitrary because some Lifepac electives I browsed through at a store were specifically half a credit - so I expected everything to have an assigned credit value.

Judy
:D

Different publishers have different content even in subjects with the same names. :)
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years

Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil

Grandmother to 1 sweet boy

Caretaker of 2 budgies

trevor4
User

Postby trevor4 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Interested in what came of this. Let me know as I am in the same boat! While we're on the subject of credit, by the way, I highly recommend this Bad Credit Loans website if you ever need any information on getting a loan and have bad credit. It also has a ton of miscellaneous loans information as well.

Thanks
Trevor
Last edited by trevor4 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor

JennyPortman
User

Postby JennyPortman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

Same here. Hope you will update us soon :)
Great PC Educational Games Packages for Children - which speak to your child using his own name(!!!)

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”