Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thinking strongly about homeschooling, mil family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
txmom33
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: thinking strongly about homeschooling, mil family Reply with quote

Hi, I am a mother of 3 children, Jake 12, Justin 8 & Izzy 5. We are a military family and we are actually moving to Robins AFB in the next few days. I have been thinking of homeschooling past 2 yrs & think it may be our best option. I think all my kids can benifit but especially my two boys, Jake supposely has ADD/ ADHD and I have never been comfortable w meds and Justin has several food allergies, (which yes we have had an anaphylactic reaction at a public school as well as at hm) and he was also tested for "gifted"& qualified. They both seem very bored w public school. So we are looking for options & information:)
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that your children will greatly benefit from homeschooling! Welcome to the forum and best wishes as you begin your homeschooling journey! Smile
txmom33
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

ty:)
MommaJean64
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: I agree, they'll do great Reply with quote

I agree with the other mom, your kids will probably thrive in a homeschool environment. We decided to homeschool (my daughter is starting 5th grade) because she just wasn't thriving in public school. She was doing OK, but there was no spark. Not to mention that she's introverted, eccentric (artist-type like me) and very naive. She hardly knows who Justin Bieber is and all her friends seem to be reading teen magazines already and they're only 10! She has friends at church that are homeschooled so she's been asking me about it for a couple years. It was always on my heart to do it, even before she was born (she's an only child; our miracle baby, if you get what I mean). But then she definitely needed the structure and socialization of public school. It really helped for all those years, but it's obvious she needed an intervention 'cause she's going to be left behind, socially. She also might be ADD, so I can relate to your concerns about one of your sons.

As you probably already know, there are TONS of curricula to choose from, so have FUN while you're researching. Hopefully, you can find some other families in your area that you can talk to in person and get a sense of what they're doing. That's what I did here in California. Because Laura is a computer nerd like me, an artist type and a hands-on learner, we chose Switched on Schoolhouse by Alpha Omega. We haven't started yet, so we'll see if we made the right decision. LOL

My best friend keeps reminding me not to do too much, so that's my motto this year. It's alllll good.

Paula
(aka MommaJean64)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: