History Curriculum similar to Apologia Science?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kkapfe
User

History Curriculum similar to Apologia Science?

Postby kkapfe » Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 pm

I am starting my plans for next year. This year we used BJU Press and I actually really loved it. Everything was planned for me. After years of pulling together all of my own materials and writing my own lesson plans...this has been a wonderful break!

I have 3 kids. Next year they'll be in grades 7, 5, and 3. My junior higher is going to keep going with grade 7 of BJU with all of her subjects. She's a pretty independent learner so this works for her.

However, for my 2 younger girls I'm considering using something like the Apologia Science so that they can work together. I would use the notebooks so my 5th grader could use the older level notebook and my 3rd grader could use the junior version.

I'm wondering if there is anything similar to this set-up for elementary history? I would like them to work together but with their own "notebook" type things according to their level. I like that Apologia contains all of the text information in one book. I would want something like that for history because we just don't have time to be going to the library all the time.

Suggestions?

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Fri May 04, 2012 2:48 pm

You might want to consider Mystery of History.

http://www.themysteryofhistory.info/index.shtml

crmn
User

Thank you

Postby crmn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I want to thank you both so much for the question and the answer. This was definitely something I was looking for for my boys! :D

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”