Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-K Scheduling Ideas and Pre-k Lesson plans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anna.hettick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Pre-K Scheduling Ideas and Pre-k Lesson plans? Reply with quote

Just wanting some ideas for Pre-K scheduling? We're trying to figure out what works with us so I wanted to see some others ideas. Also does anyone have or know where I can find pre-k lesson plans?

Thanks
AEH
Lily
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out www.letteroftheweek.com ? Lots of good ideas there. There's also a book called Before Five In a Row that has themed weeks for littles - each week a book is read 5 times, once each day, with activities to go along with.
HomeGrownFamilies
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 5 a day book idea. I have skimmed through the program before, and it can be done without the book. We do them quite often, by just taking a book and doing something every day that goes along with it.

Lapbook lessons also has an alphabuggy letter of the week program. We finished the program and my boys loved it~!
amymom
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a former teacher and lesson planning was one of my favorite thins to do. If you are looking for lesson plan ideas, I post all my lesson plans on my blog hhttp://preschoolmommy.blogspot.com. It gives specific leeson plans complete with materials, etc so they are easy to follow,
When it comes to scheduling keep in mind a few things:
1. Allow approximately one minute per year for age of child. If child is four plana four minute activity. I like my lessons in each subject o be short. Scheduling in the morning is good because children learn best in the morning. I
2. COnsistency. WHen your child knows it's coming and you know it's coming it;s easier to make it happen. This is something I need to work on because I have a baby which means my timing is sometimes sporadic. I love sharing, so if you hsve any questions please let me know!
Blessings4all
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taught in a preschool for 6 months. We had activities scheduled in approximately 20 - 30 minute blocks of time. That seemed to work well. I did the same with my homeschooled kids when they were that age. We did an activity for 15-30 minutes, then went to a different activity.

Here are some websites with Preschool lessons.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/categories/preschool.shtml
http://www.first-school.ws/themes.html

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.
Tashathomson
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe nursery rhymes is a great way to introduce students to rhyming and get your students excited about learning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: