Trend Enterprises found at Walmart/Target

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

MrsBridwell11
User

Trend Enterprises found at Walmart/Target

Postby MrsBridwell11 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 pm

My Niece was given this book

http://www.trendenterprises.com/ProdOneDetail.cfm?ItemId=T-94120&Description=I+Can+Print+%28Zaner-Bloser%29+Wipe-Off%C2%AE+Book

for her birthday yesterday. She is in 2nd grade so it's very behind, but I was wondering if this would be ok to use for spelling/writing, but in her grade level?? She has a lot of issues with ALWAYS capatlizing every beginning letter of a word, no matter what. It's one of the things I want to work with her on.

So are these books that you can get at Walmart/Target, ok to use??
~*~Sarah~*~

Proud Trucker's Wife!
Mom of M(1yo-g) & soon B(EDD: 5/5-g)
Guardian of J(10yo-b) & H(8yo-g)

elliemaejune
User

Re: Trend Enterprises found at Walmart/Target

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am

MrsBridwell11 wrote:My Niece was given this book

http://www.trendenterprises.com/ProdOneDetail.cfm?ItemId=T-94120&Description=I+Can+Print+%28Zaner-Bloser%29+Wipe-Off%C2%AE+Book

for her birthday yesterday. She is in 2nd grade so it's very behind, but I was wondering if this would be ok to use for spelling/writing, but in her grade level?? She has a lot of issues with ALWAYS capatlizing every beginning letter of a word, no matter what. It's one of the things I want to work with her on.

So are these books that you can get at Walmart/Target, ok to use??

It couldn't hurt. :D

But in my other reply to your other reply :lol: I suggested Spalding,, which teaches children to read by teaching them to spell, and includes penmanship, capitalization and punctuation, and simple writing. Your niece could use this book until you check out Spalding and decide if you'd like to do it with her (and your nephew).
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:58 pm

For the capitalizing issue, you could try telling her that only really important things deserve a capital letter like names, titles, and the first words of sentences. Just a thought.
Many blessings,
Susan

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”