Getting Started in Homeschooling: The First Ten Steps

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

karenpasqualucci
User

Getting started

Postby karenpasqualucci » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:21 am

I really liked the list of unsung benefits - they are very real! As a martial artist I see the bullied and the beaten in my classes. One in four children will have been bullied in some way during their school carreer! That is just a side benefit of the homeschooling!
Free E-Book: Everything You Want to Know About Homeschooling http://www.grabyourfreegift.com/karenpa
Visit the blog: http://www.HomeschoolingHowTo.com

Mary Pride
User

New "10 Steps to Getting Started" infographic

Postby Mary Pride » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm

alwayshomeschooling
User

Great Homeschooling Website

Postby alwayshomeschooling » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:33 am

Jessica L. Parnell is a homeschool consultant, evaluator, and principal of Bridgeway Homeschool Academy, an international homeschool academy, that has been serving the homeschool community since 1989. Visit jessica-parnell.com my personal blog.

alwayshomeschooling
User

Get Started Guide

Postby alwayshomeschooling » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 am

Jessica L. Parnell is a homeschool consultant, evaluator, and principal of Bridgeway Homeschool Academy, an international homeschool academy, that has been serving the homeschool community since 1989. Visit jessica-parnell.com my personal blog.

KCMO
User

Re: Getting Started in Homeschooling: The First Ten Steps

Postby KCMO » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:31 am

Hi, our daughter is in 6th grade. She has been enrolled in a private Christian school. We are unhappy with the educational results thus far. We have no other educational options where we live. So, homeschooling is our last alternative. I have read Mrs. Pride's 10 steps. There are no groups in my area. What I need now is where to go from there. I am a tad overwhelmed with all of the information. And school is going on right now - :( I don't want her to miss lessons.

I have briefly looked at ABeka Academy and a multitude of programs. I'm just not sure what to do.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:14 am

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

rayp
User

Postby rayp » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 pm

can anyone direct me to a forum where i might get some direction on home schooling my daughter. at the moment it seems a bit overwhelming. trying to decide on which christian based curriculum based program to adopt is my first issue. from what i have read so far there are three approaches i would consider. text book/work book, correspondence and alternative. the alternative approach consist of three styles i would be comfortable with. classical, principle and living book/life experience.

after a path is chosen one must decide where or from whom to get the curriculum. the first criteria for my purposes is that it must be christian based. beyond that what should i look for ? how much should i pay? where may i find other resources ? where do i find supplies to conduct science experiments that are worth doing ?

i am sure anyone reading this is thinking i need some serious schooling.
i am open to suggestions, criticisms and anything else that may help me to proceed in the proper direction

sincerely Ray

admin
Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:26 am

Ray, your best move would be to sign up for this special subscription offer to our magazine, Practical Homeschooling. It comes with a bonus copy of our 2019 Reader Awards issue. Find out what thousands of your fellow homeschoolers voted the BEST curriculum in dozens of categories, from Preschool to Physics! Both your first issue AND your bonus issue mail quickly via First Class mail.

https://www.practicalhomeschooling.com/phs-fbl-bonus/

admin
Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am

Ray, you can find science equipment and supplies, as well as everything you need for the science experiments in several major Christian curricula, the latter in handy packages correlated to each such curriculum, here:

https://www.homesciencetools.com

Return to “Getting Started”