any one Working and Homeschooling???

Describe your average homeschool day and give new homeschoolers an idea of what to expect!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

ummehashim
User

any one Working and Homeschooling???

Postby ummehashim » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 am

cass8erica5
User

Postby cass8erica5 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm

danielle82
User

Postby danielle82 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:09 pm

This is just my second year homeschooling. Last year I was a SAHM, and this year I am going to start working part-time and giving that a shot. I have an interview tomorrow, so we will see! I will still be the only one doing the school work, so I'm hoping I can swing this!

Tanikit
User

Postby Tanikit » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 am

My first year homeschooling I was working Monday, Tuesday morning, Thursday full day and every second weekend. My daughter went to a preschool most mornings and came to work with me the days I worked the afternoons. We did homeschooling with her in the afternoon and it was mostly just reading as she was very young.

For the first 8 months of this year I have homeschooled full time as I was on maternity leave but have now returned to work part time mostly on weekends. If I am working full time during the week then we drop the homeschooling and take that as a holiday period. Weekends DH watches her and we can continue our homeschooling in the week.

That is the joy of homeschooling - that you can make it work for you in whatever circumstances you need to.

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 am

Many blessings,
Susan

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.

Jude
User

Part time work

Postby Jude » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 am

I have started working this year - tutoring after regular school 3 afternoons per week. My boys (5 and 3 1/2) go to a preschool and have a babysitter who takes them to the public library on the other afternoon. I find it hard to juggle everything, my husband likes the place spotless and dinner sorted, and doesn't seem too interested in what the boys are learning or doing. Is that normal? I love the tutoring but am unsure now it will fit as the boys get older.

Fzouki
User

Postby Fzouki » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am

I work evenings mostly. Am home with my daughter all through the day and then my husband gets home and I leave. Thankfully it's not every day, probably 3-4 nights a week so I still get to see him too. Jude- I feel for you having a husband who wants the house spotless! That would be very hard to have that pressure on you in addition to everything else.

Return to “A Day at Our House”