Classical Music cd's - recommendation?

The arts are sometimes overlooked, but they're a valuable part of culture and history.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

JulieE
User

Classical Music cd's - recommendation?

Postby JulieE » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am looking for some good classical music cd's to play for me and my children. I listened to a cd by Carole Joy Seid and she mentions a man - I think his name is David Kline/Cline (not sure of last name) - Music and the Masters (I think) - but I tried all sorts of combinations for the name and the title and didn't find anything. I would appreciate some recommendations. Thanks, Julie :)
Julie
Mom to 4 boys (2 w/autism) & 2 girls

Lily
User

Postby Lily » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Could it be David Kellner? He did a lot of lute music.
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist."
- M. Montessori
Proud non-member of the HSLDA

JulieE
User

Postby JulieE » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks for your reply. Does anyone have any recommendations of good classical music cd's that have a variety of composers on a cd? Thanks!
Julie

Mom to 4 boys (2 w/autism) & 2 girls

TheresaHPIR
User

Postby TheresaHPIR » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Not a CD, but thought I might throw this idea out there. Project Playlist is a free website where you can build a play list of music of your choosing. Unfortunately, the music that you can choose is compiled from available free music online. Therefore, sometimes the quality of the recording isn't the best, the selection is sometimes limited, and added content will sometimes be removed.

Still, its free...and it doesn't require you to download anything. Most of the time I've found exactly what I'm looking for, and its of good quality. Every 3 months or so I might find a "dead" song on my play list and need to replace it with another link that is active. Its very user friendly.

On my son's Classical Playlist I've included some of MY favorites, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Mozart's 4th Symphony, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Beethoven's 5th, and a bunch more. If you can't tell, I watched Loony Toons when I was little, lol.

The site is http://www.playlist.com

simonmorrison23
User

Postby simonmorrison23 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 am

if i were to look for Classical CDs, i would most certainly go to a music store and look for 'compilations' instead of single artist album.

and a tip: hear the CD first before buying, and look if there's a phrase that says the word "adaptation", "cover" or "inspired", because it's most likely not the original composer, but a tribute to that composer.

goodluck.

truettsmommy_09
User

Postby truettsmommy_09 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 pm

http://www.howgreatthouart.com/products/85.html

This is three different CDs. I know one of them is different artists. I'm not sure about the others. But my favorite is the lark ascending.
Michelle =]

TheAssistant
User

Postby TheAssistant » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 pm

I don't know about many CDs, but Amazon often has free Classical music samplers available for download. Try searching for Classical music podcasts in iTunes as well.
e-Expeditions.com: Bringing the hidden treasures of the internet to light.

Return to “Music / Art”