Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classical Music cd's - recommendation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulieE
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Classical Music cd's - recommendation? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am looking for some good classical music cd's to play for me and my children. I listened to a cd by Carole Joy Seid and she mentions a man - I think his name is David Kline/Cline (not sure of last name) - Music and the Masters (I think) - but I tried all sorts of combinations for the name and the title and didn't find anything. I would appreciate some recommendations. Thanks, Julie Smile
Lily
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be David Kellner? He did a lot of lute music.
JulieE
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Does anyone have any recommendations of good classical music cd's that have a variety of composers on a cd? Thanks!
TheresaHPIR
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a CD, but thought I might throw this idea out there. Project Playlist is a free website where you can build a play list of music of your choosing. Unfortunately, the music that you can choose is compiled from available free music online. Therefore, sometimes the quality of the recording isn't the best, the selection is sometimes limited, and added content will sometimes be removed.

Still, its free...and it doesn't require you to download anything. Most of the time I've found exactly what I'm looking for, and its of good quality. Every 3 months or so I might find a "dead" song on my play list and need to replace it with another link that is active. Its very user friendly.

On my son's Classical Playlist I've included some of MY favorites, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Mozart's 4th Symphony, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Beethoven's 5th, and a bunch more. If you can't tell, I watched Loony Toons when I was little, lol.

The site is http://www.playlist.com
simonmorrison23
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were to look for Classical CDs, i would most certainly go to a music store and look for 'compilations' instead of single artist album.

and a tip: hear the CD first before buying, and look if there's a phrase that says the word "adaptation", "cover" or "inspired", because it's most likely not the original composer, but a tribute to that composer.

goodluck.
truettsmommy_09
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.howgreatthouart.com/products/85.html

This is three different CDs. I know one of them is different artists. I'm not sure about the others. But my favorite is the lark ascending.
TheAssistant
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about many CDs, but Amazon often has free Classical music samplers available for download. Try searching for Classical music podcasts in iTunes as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: