Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good evening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicki
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Good evening Reply with quote

My name is Vicki. I am a disabled Mom of an 11 year old daughter. We just pulled her out of public school because she was being bullied excessively, and the school did nothing to help her. As a result, her grades suffered. When we pulled her out, she was failing every single subject. Sad

We have never done this before, but we are all excited, Dad will also be helping. I'm nervous about it, but have been spending many hours doing research on the Internet about subject matter, curriculum, etc.

I hope to learn a lot here, to help ourselves and our daughter.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you try hard, it's really next to impossible to fail. Don't stress out - it won't be the end of the world if it takes you a few weeks to get going, and in fact a lot of people recommend a few weeks of detox from school.
Vicki
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theodore wrote:
As long as you try hard, it's really next to impossible to fail. Don't stress out - it won't be the end of the world if it takes you a few weeks to get going, and in fact a lot of people recommend a few weeks of detox from school.

I'm thought about taking a small break, like a week, or so. However, I didn't do it because the school system scares me. I feel like they would say I am a slacker for taking a break. Plus, we are already behind. Sad
danielle82
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicki!
I'm sure you will do great!
Vicki
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Very Happy
TheAssistant
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the transition! You might want to look into 'deschooling'--taking a few months' break to get you and your child out of the public school mindset (everything ordered and scheduled and highly organized) and into the homeschool mindset (more freedom to explore, not having to have such strict schedules--unless, of course, she likes the structure). It might not work for you, but it's just a suggestion. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: