Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why do you want your child to be homeschooled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireside
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been homeschooled my whole life, because the Holy Spirit through the Word of God was showing my parents that something was wrong with the systems of education that he had in this country. And when I start homeschooling my children, it will be for the same reason; the discipleship of the children is the primary responsibility of the father aided and supported by the mother is the ONLY Biblically acceptable method of education of children. Family, family, family. That's what it's about. The fact that the public school system is so corrupt is not even relevant to the debate of, "Should we or shouldn't we homeschool". We should all do it because that is what the Lord desires and commands of us.

If we are going to win the fight, we must stand on the Standards of the Lord, not on our own wisdom and ideology. Not trying to sound all fancy here, but seriously, if you started homeschooling for whatever reason, that's great(!), but don't continue to do so for the same reason, continue to do it for the Glory of God!
gloriacollins
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its because parents find their kids are more secure there..Smile
jinger
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: I think its simply saying no to the old method Reply with quote

i see that homeschoolers believe in letting the kid learn what he likes. well, you don't see that much in public schools, don't you?..
Llola
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up homeschooling out of necessity. My son's public school wasn't teaching him how to read. In the 4th grade he was reading at a 1st grade level due to his severe dyslexia, and his school's inability to teach him how to read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: