Online homeschooling providers

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

dodocy
User

Online homeschooling providers

Postby dodocy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 pm

My wife and I are looking for an online provider for our 11 year old girl who is about to start in the 7th Grade (we're keeping her 1 year ahead). Her test scores have always been in the very high 90's, although math is probably her least favorite subject.

Up to now, she has been taught by my wife (who has 3 years of college), but she is now running out of confidence to keep our daughter's ability quenched and satisfied. We still want to homeschool, but think an online based curriculum might be best. It is also becoming more difficult as our 7 year old boy grows up and is educated as well, not to mention our 3 year old girl.

Our requirements include quality interactive lessons (not just flash cards on a screen!), child logging and parent tracking/report card features, flexible schedule (i.e. not realtime), and at least the main core subjects covered. Our budget is about $500 to $1000 per year - and we're only looking for our oldest right now.

Also, we're not looking for a religious based curriculum, as we can provide exposure to the various religions of the world ourselves.

We’ve both been looking for several weeks now, but keep going round and around in terms of quality and cost.

Any suggestions and experience (or horror stories) would be much appreciated.

Cy.

itsrks
User

Postby itsrks » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 am

Did you find something?

Try looking over www.UpliftingEducation.com and see if it's something you'd like.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”