4-day weeks, or 5?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Sandy
User

4-day weeks, or 5?

Postby Sandy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:27 pm

The public school that I graduated from is going to a 4 day school week next year, which got me thinking about my future homeschool schedule. How many days a week do you have school?

Calla_Dragon
User

Postby Calla_Dragon » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:20 pm

We go 7 days a week here year round, but we do a combo of unschooling and structured schooling so we've got something educational going on at least everyday.
To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:22 pm

5 or 6 days per week year-round here, but that allows us to do less work per day, so we have more time for other things.

Dolly-VA
User

Postby Dolly-VA » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:43 pm

I'm wondering how long the school year will be with a 4 day school week? (Just curious.)

Anyway, we are currently homeschooling 5 days a week here. Or we would be if not for holidays (following county schools still) and snow days. So, while I SAY we are schooling for 5 days, I don't think we've had one 5 day week since the beginning of January. :lol: My plan was to to "plan" 5 days and, if all goes well, do an educational field trip one of the days each week.

WAHMBrenda
User

Postby WAHMBrenda » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:48 am

We homeschool 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whenever my dd is interested in something, we do it.
If you're concerned about either the Earth or your health, then you owe it to yourself to check out this web site!

Sandy
User

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:59 pm

Dolly-VA wrote:I'm wondering how long the school year will be with a 4 day school week? (Just curious.)

I think it will be about the same, but they are going to have longer school days. They're doing this because they're trying to save money (1 less day for buses to run, 1 less school meal to prepare). They're giving it a trial run for the next year or two.

Return to “Getting Started”