Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Special Needs Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armywife
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

I have had so many problems with people saying becuase i have special needs children that i wont have time for my other children to home school. And maybe they are not getting what they need. I have had social services at my door step becuase of these small minded people. I have complied with all the rules and regulations. I need help and would like peoples opinions.
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: If you are being harassed just because social services... Reply with quote

If you are being harassed just because social services thinks you can't possibly handle homeschooling all your children at once, then you need legal help, the sooner the better. Contact your local and state homeschool groups:
http://www.home-school.com/groups/NY.html

And Home School Legal Defense Association:
http://www.hslda.org
armywife
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

well social services had to close the case due to i was in compliance with all stae rules. home schooling is going good, the kids love it and so do i. but i got to tell you there are alot of small minded people out there that think home schooling is bad. i just filed a complaint against a army capt due to it, he said my children were handicapped and belonged in a school, that i wasnt trained to be a teacher. I disagree I raised these children and know them better then anyone. But god has prevailed....
Princess_Fyara
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!
Tabz
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad! Just remember to keep your records and keep up with state requirements. Special needs kids are a blessing and caring for them might take more energy, but it's not going to stop you from caring for all your children.
wendi.t.momof4
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: YOU GO GIRL!--to Armywife Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi!
I just want to encourage you because you DO know your children better than anyone else and NO ONE IS BETTER QUALIFIED THAN YOU to teach them! You go girl! You keep praying, too, the Lord will always guide you. God bless! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Special Needs Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: