Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any teachers out there homeschooling their own?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teacher22
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Any teachers out there homeschooling their own? Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and have two preschoolers. I'm a teacher and am considering leaving my full time position to supply teach and homeschool. Does anyone else have similar experience? If so, how was the transition from being a classroom teacher to homeschooling? What style of teaching do you use? Any other input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
robinsegg
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lady in our group who has done this. She was a high school math teacher, and left to homeschool her 2nd grader and kindergartener. She told me Sunday that she loves it and it's the best thing that's happened to their family in a long time.
I don't know about transitioning, but I could ask her.
boysnberry
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good friend of mine was a first grade teacher for something like five years. After she had her first child she quit working to stay home and started homeschooling her daughter two years ago, preschool. She is now teaching her daughter first grade and her other daughter preschool. She also helps/teaches other children who are being homeschooled. She wouldn't trade it and has been a huge blessing to me. Tomorrow is my childrens last day before they will be coming out of public school and we will be homeschooling. Very Happy I'm very excited and I hope you do the same. Everyone I meet that homeschools says it's the best choice they made. Good luck!!
Kidsdoc
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am a former elementary school teacher/ high school coach and now a practicing pediatrician. I will begin "formally" homeschooling my kids next fall. But homeschooling as always been apart of my kids life in some limited capacity. ie. over summer vacations, et. I have a 7 1/2 , 6 and 2 1/2 year old. I am scared but excited.
janzeiger
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: I am!! Reply with quote

I have my BA and MA in education and, while I enjoyed teaching, the calling to be with my own children was too strong to ignore. Smile

We "unschool" which means we do child-led learning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: