Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brand New From Georgia!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenetty
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Brand New From Georgia! Reply with quote

HELLO and Good morning!! Laughing

My name is Jeannette. We are a fairly new homeschooling family living near Savannah, GA. I have four children (Jacob is 15 - 9th grade, Corissa is 14 - 8th grade, Kyle is 8 - 2nd grade, and Cheyenne is 6 - 1st grade). We started homeschooling in November of last year and still haven't quite gotten the hang of it. We have workbooks to work in from the major subjects and we TRY to maintain a schedule from 10 am to 2 pm but it doesn't always pan out. My oldest is very smart and usually done with his "work" in about 20 minutes and eager to put the TV on.

Interested in seeing what others do to keep their kids motivated and educated without spending much money.

Would also love to meet other homeschooling moms in the area. My kids (and myself) are eager to meet new friends.

hscoach
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeannette,

I also have 4 children - ages 17, 15, 8 and 3. It is a challenge to work with all those ages and get things accomplished each day. I agree that it is hard to maintain a schedule.

Here are a couple of links where you can find a homeschool support group in the Savannah area. If you join one, your children can make new friends and you can make connections with other homeschool moms as well.

http://www.home-school.com/groups/

http://www.localhs.com/

Welcome to the forum!
judyhanning
User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jeannette,

Welcome to the forum! I have two children 9 and 5 years old and it is hard to keep with the schedule but we have to make sure that we are on the right track. I try to make learning fun by doing a few with them while doing some of our lessons.

You're here at the right forum so you will be able to gather great and helpful information here.

Good luck!
KeriMomof2
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi & Hello Very Happy
Well don't fret too much!!!it takes a while to find your groove Trust me Wink
We use a online program ( http://www.time4learning.com ) to help keep the kids motivated and enjoying thier school work (they love playing on the computer)
As far as set schedual etc, we do not have one we just do X amount of time a few days aweek and allow the kids to work at thier own pace. The way I see it if one of my kids are Smart and a fast learner there is no point holding them back. If I have one struggling again no point in making it worse. I believe kids will learn when ready and that it is too stressful trying to make sure thier age and grade match up.

~>My son is only 4 doing kindergarten work and my daughter is 9 and she is doing 3 grade, 4th grade & some 5 th grade work.
Good Luck!
Keri Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: