Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Art History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Art History Reply with quote

For those of you with 9-11 grades children interested in Art and the history of Art, Art in Focus (Fifth Edition by Gene A. Mittler) is a great textbook to use. It goes right along with a website that features chapter quizzes and other activities which can be completed and printed out after reading the corresponding chapter from the textbook. You can find the textbook on Amazon or eBay, and the link to the quiz website is below:

http://glencoe.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0078685451/

If any of you have other suggestions for Art/Art History textbooks/activities, feel free to post them here! Very Happy
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan,

It is so wonderful and rare to see a student so obviously into what they is learning! I always enjoy your posts and your attitude!
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! I am often told I have a positive attitude toward learning, and I'm proud to say it's true. Very Happy
comusher
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter is very interested in art so we paid a visit to the local museum. They actually ended up giving her extra time and attention plus gave us some materials we could use to study art further.
MasterpieceCards
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Art History Teaching Tool Reply with quote

Morgan,

You may be interested in using Masterpiece Cards, a set of 250 art history flash cards of famous paintings. Each painting is reproduced on a 4" x 6" Card; on its reverse is an art analysis of the work by an art historian, as well as the vital facts about the famous painting.

The set covers the Renaissance to the 1960s. If any themes or images are too mature, it's easy to remove the objectionable content (and not so easy with a book!).

Your readers might also be interested in the (free) blog about famous paintings, too. You can see samples and sign up for the blog at www.TheMasterpieceCards.com.

Susan Benford
Masterpiece Cards

Art History Flash Cards of Famous Paintings
Marv
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Art history resource Reply with quote

I think www.artsology.com is a great resource for art history for kids - they find it fun but learn at the same time.
TheAssistant
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love art history, too. Thanks for the recommendation! I like to go to the websites of big museums like the Met and flick through their archives. They have a lot of cool studies, articles, and information on tons of paintings and other art forms. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: