Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New at this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexus1051
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: New at this Reply with quote

I am going to start homeschooling my daughter and I have been trying to get in touch with the proper persons in my area (Moncks Corner, SC ) and I have not gotten any response back. I called and left messages and also email them but no response.
Maybe someoneout there can help me.
Needing to know costs if any and what is needed.
robinsegg
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about any kind of "fee" in SC, since I don't live there. Curricula, however, ranges in price from $200 per child per year to more than $1,000 per child per year. It all depends on the company and what services they provide, and what grade your child is in.

I'd like to recommend So, You're Thinking About Homeschooling by Lisa Whelchel. She gives a good overview of curricula and homeschool lifestyles in a conversational way. It's an easy read, and may very well be available at your local library.

Rachel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: