Is HS right for your child?

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

judygray842
User

Is HS right for your child?

Postby judygray842 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:04 pm

Homeschool is the right thing for my older son at this time. That may change tomorrow, or next year, or in 5 years. My younger special needs boy is starting public school this fall to get help with his language delay. (He's almost 3 and won't speak) Public school is the right thing for my younger child at this time. That may change next week or next year. We all try to do what's right for our child. The thing is, what's right for each one of our kids differs from family to family, from child to child, from state to state, from year to year. That's why God gave most of us the courage to do what we think is right, and the wisdom to know the difference. We are all different. The answer to this debate is different for each of us. Good luck finding the right answer for your child.
That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

blackhorse
User

NICE post

Postby blackhorse » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:57 pm

alisarussell
User

Postby alisarussell » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:07 am

Theodore

Special needs in Maryland seems a bit complicated:

Postby Theodore » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 pm

I should note here, for anyone who may be reading this, that you usually don't have to be enrolled in a public school to have access to special needs help. Maryland seems a bit more complicated, however:

http://www.deafhomeschool.com/essentials/statelaw/md.html
http://www.msba.org/departments/ ...
[i][color=#000066]The law requires that a child receive his or her special education services in the “least restrictive environment.â€

Against My Will
User

Postby Against My Will » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:16 pm

i think judy gray is an angel

and i wish more parents even mine were as open minded

if they were like her i would probly be in school not at home with my special needs brother.

i think that you actully care. =)

Lkat83
User

Postby Lkat83 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:24 pm

JudyGray, I think you're absolutely right. I have three children, two of whom are homeschooled, one who is regular school. Last year, she homeschooled, too. Each child has different needs at different times in their lives.

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”