What is a typical day on HS'ing Pre/Kinder? (Glnd/Phx, AZ)

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Mone_Joe
User

What is a typical day on HS'ing Pre/Kinder? (Glnd/Phx, AZ)

Postby Mone_Joe » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:40 am

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:10 pm Post subject: homeschool parents receiving training?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wandering if anyone knew of any online courses out there to train homeschool parents how to effectively teach with structured lesson plans, assessments, grading, testing, etc. I feel if I could receive such training I would be even more effective in homeschooling my kids. Please advise.

I'm new to the idea of Homeschooling, from Phx/Gldale, AZ. I read this post which I had some questions (not for online courses). I was wondering if there were any preschool/kindergarten homeschool moms in the area who could share what a 'typical' day at home is like? I would like to know how to put a planning schedule together, on a daily or weekly time frame. What resources they use in the area besides the library. I would like to know if someone is open to the idea of 'sitting-in' on any given day. So that I would have a more idea of how to homeschool a preschooler and kindergartener. This will give me a 'feel' of how homeschooling is done. Any advice would be appreciated and hope to find someone in the Glendale, AZ area.

Thank you!

hbmom36
User

Postby hbmom36 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:30 pm

My son is 3, and while I have managed to teach him the basics, I believe too much "formal" instruction at this age can be detrimental. We read a lot. The most important thing for him is to play, and get out among other children.

Theodore

Check the groups in your area:

Postby Theodore » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:11 pm

We have quite a few homeschool groups listed that cover the Glendale area:
http://www.home-school.com/groups/AZ.html

love2bastayathomemom
User

C'Mon! Post your schedules for us newbies! Thanks!

Postby love2bastayathomemom » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:16 pm

jolenegreen
User

Postby jolenegreen » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:38 am

I would also love to see the schedules! :D
Jolene

hipmum
User

My schedule

Postby hipmum » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:05 am

9:00am - A 15 min. lesson on our weekly theme.
9:15am - Some sort of craft lesson based on the theme.
9:30am - free paly with educational toys such as puzzles, blocks etc.
10:00am - storytime
10:30am - Outside play
11:00am - Pre-reading activities such as learning the alphabet, matching letters etc.
11:15am - Math skills- counting, sorting, matching etc

Once a week we do some simple science experiment.

I don't follow this routine rigidly, it's more of a guideline that keeps me on track.
Grab your FREE copy of The Parent's Guide To Homeschooling at http://www.good-guides.org/homeschool/optin.html

Return to “Getting Started”